Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 28 September 2016

NARS - All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.

If there is one makeup product I can't live without, it is foundation. It is amazing how much more confident I feel with it on, hence why I'm always looking for my next favourite. I've had this foundation now for over a year, and it I'm only just writing it now because I've had a very confusing love hate relationship with it..

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.
The bottle that this foundation comes in is very luxurious, however, being made from glass I wouldn't say it's the most travel friendly and the matte lid does get very messy (as you can see in the picture..). Though unlike the other NARS foundations it does come with a pump making it easy to use!


This foundation has a very liquid consistency meaning you have to shake it well before use, but the coverage you get from it is insane! You only really need one pump to cover your whole entire face and it covers up any redness you may have, and if I'm having a particularly bad skin day I only usually need an extra half a pump to cover any imperfection!  

When applying this foundation I find that a makeup sponge or buffing brush works well, but you have to be quick as this foundation dries very quickly! So therefore I would recommend working in small sections, rather then trying to do your whole face at once.

Now when I first got this foundation I thought I had really oily skin, but when I first applied it all of a sudden I had massive dry patches on my forehead, where the foundation clinged to and looked flaky.  So if you have dry skin at all I would stay clear from this, or make sure your skin is thoroughly moisturised before hand.

Now when first applied I find this foundation can look a bit cakey, which initially disappointed me, but after a while it settles into the skin giving me a practically flawless complexion, with it's velvet finish! However, this foundation does not give me the 16 hour plus wear as after around  6/8 hours my skin is looking very patchy and my pores look huge on my nose! 


NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.

So as you can see I have a very mixed opinion on this foundation as it does give a flawless finish if my skin is well prepped, but it doesn't last a whole day. I think if you have really oily skin this foundation would be perfect, but for now I don't think I will repurchase it. This foundation costs £32, which is on the luxury side but it does last for ages, and you can buy it here: NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation.- £32.




No comments:

Post a Comment