Rambles from my makeup box.

Friday 13 May 2016

Viktor & Rolf - Flowerbomb.

I have an obsession; and this obsession is the Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb perfume. This love affair has been going on for many years now and all started with my Nan. My Nan use to wear this all the time and always smelt wonderful, so after telling her this she got me a bottle for every special occasion happening in the year.


Now when I say that I have loved this perfume for years I mean it, when we first tried to get it for a present for my Nan we could not find it anywhere! It was only on the off chance that we had a day trip to Paris and found it in one of the Large department stores there, but as the years have gone on it has become much more widely available and a firm favourite for many.

First of all I love the bottle, it is feminine and yet edgy, and perfectly resembles the name of the perfume as it was meant to represent a hand grenade - hence the term, Flowerbomb. This bottle does not look out of place on any beauty shelve and really adds a touch of luxury.

Another really special feature about this perfume is the Viktor & Rolf secret service. Every time you purchase a bottle you get a code in the box that you can enter into the secret service site that allows you to unlock features and information about the brand, and how the perfumes were created. You also may be lucky enough to receive a generous gift from them as well, which is a really special touch that I have not encountered with any other brand.

The scent of this perfume is gorgeous and maybe not what you expect it to be. From the name you would expect a heavy floral scent but instead you get this sweetness from it, but nothing that is sickly sweet (I would compare it kind of to a grown up Britany Spears Fantasy perfume - which probably isn't doing it justice) and this is due to the base note of patchouli, that adds some depth to it.

When you first apply it it can come off a bit strong, but quickly it mellows leaving a light scent that really does last all day. Plus you only need a couple of sprays for the perfume to come off strong enough, so a bottle will last you a while.


As you can see this perfume really does hold a special place in my heart and I think I'll be repurchasing it for years to come. A 30ml bottle costs £50 and you can buy it here: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb - £50.

No comments:

Post a Comment