Rambles from my makeup box.

Saturday 7 February 2015

Birchbox and Electric Hair event.

Hi everyone, I hope you're all having a great weekend! Last week I attended The Birchbox and Electric Hair event at the Electric hair salon in London, so today I thought I would share with you my experience and do a mini review on the products I received in my goody bag.


I was first introduced to Electric Hair by Birchbox when I received a sample size of their hydrate shampoo so I couldn't wait to go to one of their salons and see what other products they had to offer. Whilst there they served Canapes and drinks to everyone and I also got my hair styled by one of the stylists.

The stylist I had was Carl (I think..) who was really friendly asked what sort of problems I had with my hair (which would be lack of volume) and he gave me loads of tips to help. For example using dry shampoo in the routes, rollers for my fringe and even a way to texturize my hair with straighteners! I really enjoyed having my hair done there and am definitely planing to go back to go back there soon, especially since they offer amazing student discounts!

(Mark Woolley and the stylist who done my hair working their magic)

After this the creative director behind Electric hair Mark Woolley then gave a demonstration of different hair styles using the beautiful Olivia Cox  as a model. My favourite look was when he showed us how to use heated rollers and texturizing spray to add volume and give a gorgeous finish, and I definitely think I'll invest in some heated rollers soon!



(Mark Woolley showing the magic of heated rollers on Olivia Cox)


In the gift bag I received a sample size of their Electric Hydrate conditioner and Electric Intensive Treatment masque.

Electric Hydrate conditioner:

After using this for a few days I don't think I've ever loved a conditioner as much as this one. My hair has never felt softer since using it and it also add lots of shine and makes my hair look healthy too. It also has this really nice scent that lingers in my hair all day.

A full sized product will cost £18.50 and I definitely will be repurchasing it.
You can buy it here:

Electric intensive treatment masque:

This masque has the same lovely scent as the conditioner and also lasts all day in my hair too. I like to use it every 7 days whilst in the bath and it leaves my hair wonderfully soft and shiny without being too heavy and weighing it down.

A full sized tub would cost £23.50 and I'm definitely going to consider picking one up after I've run out of my current hair mask.
You can buy one here:

I really enjoyed this event, and can't wait to go back there again soon!


What are your favourite hair salons/products?



No comments:

Post a Comment