Rambles from my makeup box.

Saturday 20 December 2014

Yves Saint Laurent - Touche Éclat gift set.

 Hi everyone, I hope you are enjoying the weekend! Today I am going to review this YSL Touche Éclat gift set which would make a great Christmas present if you still have some last minute shopping to do!



Inside this gift set you get a full sized Touche Éclat and a mini baby doll mascara, which is my all time favorite! I think the packaging of this gift is really sleek and luxurious, and when you open it up the products are found in a velvet case.

 


 I think that Touche Éclat is one of YSLs most iconic beauty items but quite often it is used incorrectly as a concealer as it is in fact more of a highlighter. As soon as you use this it adds an instant radiance to your face making it look young and healthy.

To use this product you simply have to click the button on the bottom of the pen to get a small amount into the brush and then you apply it where you want. When you first get it, it may require several clicks to get any product out, but after that you only need one click each time you use it, as you don't need a large amount.

When using I apply it on my my cheek bones and cupids bow to highlight and contour my face. I also add it to my eyelids to even out the colour and also to act as a primer to help my eye shadow last longer, and if I don't have bad dark circles I will apply it under my eyes to help wake them up. Though I wouldn't recommend this product to use under your eyes if you have quite dark circles as I don't think it would cover them fully. Also you can use this all over the face too add extra radiance. 

The only thing that I don't like about this product is that the lid can be a bit tough to click back into place after use, and I find it difficult to do this without clicking the button at the bottom which can waste some product. Other than that I think this item is a great beauty essential. 


As I have said the baby doll mascara from YSL is one of my all time favourites. It add loads of length, and separates lashes nicely for a wonderful effect. It never clumps and I only ever need to apply one layer to make my lashes look great. Plus where you get a mini version in this gift set it makes it perfect for travel!

This gift set costs £25 which is usually just the price for the Touche Éclat but here you are getting the free mascara, and I think this is a good price as it will last a while. You can buy it from Boots here:


Have you done all your Christmas shopping yet?



1 comment:

  1. Do you know what shade is the touch eclat? The information on their website doesn't state what shade comes in this gift box, which is very confusing. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete