Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 17 December 2014

December Birchbox review.

Hey everyone, I can't believe that it is going to be Christmas next week! It's crazy how quick time is going, and I hope you are all enjoying the holidays! Today I am going to review this months Birchbox which has been designed by Sophia Webster, and I think it is the prettiest Birchbox yet!

I received:
  • Electric Hair - Electric Hydrate shampoo
  • Eyeko - Fat eye stick smoke
  • Benefit - High Beam
  • Models Own - Absinthe 
  • Trilogy - Organic rosehip oil
  • Ilsci Organics - Rose petal gel mask
  • Sophia Webster purse.



First of all though I just wanted to point out how cute the Birchbox staff are as this month my box was addressed to the Exceptional Victoria Pike! I think this is such a great detail and it really makes the box that little more special!




Electric Hair - Electric Hydrate shampoo:

The first product I tried out this month was this hydrating shampoo from electric. I really love the smell of this shampoo it's quite sweet and floral and it makes my hair smell really nice. You only need an almond sized amount too spread through your hair, and after I have dried my hair it feels nice and soft and shiney.

A full sized shampoo would cost £17.50 which is quite expensive so I'm not sure I would repurchase this as there are other shampoos that do the same job for cheaper.


Eyeko - Fat eye stick in smoke (full sized):

I have never used an eye shadow stick before so was excited to try this out when I received it. I received was a nice charcoal colour which is perfect for when you are trying to achieve that perfect smokey eye.

Due to it being shaped like a crayon it is super easy to apply, and it is also very to smudge and blend out the way you want it. The colour is quite pigmented and you can build it up to the colour you want. I found that it lasted for a good 6 hours!

This product would cost you £8 or for £16 you can buy the Eyeko Fat eye stick trio, which comes with 3 different shades including smoke, satin and guilt. This is exclusive to Birchbox and I think it would make a great Christmas gift!



Benefit - High Beam:

This is one of my all time favourtie highlighters so I was really happy to receive a new one, especially since it came in this really cute Benefit Christmas cracker! It has a soft pink hue to it which I think would suit most skin tones and it is perfect for highlighting.

I use this to highlight my cheekbones and cupids bow and also to help shape my eyebrows (which I think this product is perfect for!) but you can also mix a bit into your normal foundation for an extra glow to the skin.

A full sized product would cost you £19.50, but you only need the smallest amount that it will last for ages! In fact my last sample size lasted me for almost a year!


Models Own - Absinthe (full sized):

I love Models Own nail varnish so I was excited to try this out, I also got to choose the colour I received this month so I chose Absinthe which is this gorgeous green colour. It is really easy to apply and I applied to coats to help make it last longer.

Now you don't need a top coat with this nail varnish as it has this gorgeous matte but also shimmering quality to it, but in the picture above I have added a top coat as I really felt it made the colour pop and it also makes it look super festive (I'm thinking this is possibly my Christmas day nail varnish!)

This nail varnish costs £5.


Trilogy - Certified Organic Rosehip oil:

I was unsure about this when I first received it as I have oily skin and I'm always unsure about applying oil to it, but anything with a pipette pleases the scientist in me so I have been giving it ago. It doesn't have much of a scent to it, and to use you apply 2 - 3 drops in any areas of concern.

I have only been using this for 4 days, but since then I think some small scars and the redness on my face have been reduced. Also my boyfriend has been using it on a dry patch of skin and it seems to be healing that up nicely too. So after more use I'll get back to you!

A full sized product will cost you £16.50


Ilsci Organics - Rose petal gel mask:

I'm not going to lie I love a nice relaxing pamper day with a face mask, so I couldn't wait to try this one out. To use you apply a thick layer on the skin allow it to dry and then wash off, or you can leave it on overnight for extra hydration.

I chose to only leave it on for 10 minutes as like I've said before I have oily skin that doesn't need that much moisture adding to it. After using I found that my skin did look brighter and my pores and redness were reduced. The only thing I don't like about this mask is the smell, I hate rose scented items, so this wasn't very pleasant to me.

A full sized pot would cost you £39.95 and I don't think I'd repurchase as I don't like the smell and I'm not going to give up my beloved cupcake face mask which you can get for a fraction of the price!



Last but not least you also get to receive this Sophia Webster designed purse which is a perfect size for a night out and you don't want to be carrying anything chunky around with you. This purse will cost you £25.


So there you have it, the last Birchbox of this year and I think it was a great little box! 
You can subscribe to Birchbox here for £12.95 a month including postage and packaging.

And you can buy everything mention in this post here:


What do you think of this months box?

No comments:

Post a Comment