Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Clinique Anti-Blemish solutions Liquid foundation.

Hi everyone, I hope you all are well. Sorry for the lack of blog posts recently I have had loads of uni work, but I've really missed blogging and I'm looking forward to continuing again! So today I am going to review Cliniques anti-blemish solutions liquid foundation which I have been trying for the last month.


When I first started looking for a new foundation it took me ages to pick one that I thought would be suitable for my oily and blemish prone skin, and after a lot of research I decided to pick this one up. This foundation is oil free and contains 0.5% salicylic acid to help prevent and combat any blemishes.

The packaging for this foundation is really pretty and cute and would easily fit into any makeup storage and also because it has plastic packaging it is quite light weight and durable so it's great for transporting. Instead of a pump this foundation has a little squeezy nozzle which I wasn't sure about at first, but it is really easy to use and get the right amount of product out.

To use this foundation I apply with it with my fingers as it dries quite quickly and I find that this is the quickest way to apply it. This foundation has a medium coverage which is really easy to build up and is also really easy to blend and once dry it has a lovely matte finish and feels really lightweight. I find that this foundation is really long lasting and will last me a good 7-8 hours, especially if I set it with a powder. 

Now the thing that I love the most about this foundation is that it has not caused me to break out once, which is the problem I get when trying most foundations. Also I feel like I have been getting breakouts a lot less since using it.

 I would say with this foundation that if you have dry skin you shouldn't use it as due to the salicylic acid and the matte effect it can dry your skin out, but I haven't had any problems with this as my skin is oily and needs this mattifying effect.


This foundation costs £24.50 for 30ml so it is a bit more on the expensive side, especially since you don't get a lot of it, but if you really struggle finding a foundation if you have oily blemish prone skin then I'd definitely recommend trying this one out. You can buy this foundation here:

What is your favourite foundation?



2 comments:

  1. Matt, no breakouts, long lasting … I want it ! No … I need it !
    Thanks for the review !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this sounds lovely. I have a BB cream with salcyclic acid in and love how it helps my skin :)

    India / Touchscreens & Beautyqueens

    ReplyDelete