Rambles from my makeup box.

Tuesday 23 September 2014

September Birchbox review.

It's Birchbox time! I seriously never get tired of receiving my Birchbox in the post, it is always exciting and this month was no exception! This months theme was happiness and the brightly coloured box really brought across this message, and also the box doubled as two picture frames for your happy memory photos, which I thought was such a great idea! 




This month I received:

  • Agave healing hair oil
  • Benefit It's Potent! Eye cream
  • Korres Citrus body milk
  • Premae faca and body scrub
  • ModelCo Power Lash Mascara
  • Urban fruit Smashing strawberry
  • Blue Photo clip
That's a lot this month which I was excited to try out!




Urban Fruit Smashing Strawberry:

I love a healthy snack and I love strawberries so this was a winner for me. Eating fruit is a great way to stay healthy but when you are out or at work it can be a bit f an inconvenience buying a tub of fresh fruit, so these dried strawberries are a great way to eat healthily on the go.

6 bags of 90g worth of fruit will cost you £13.20, and there are 8 different flavours. You can also buy them individually for around £1.97 at various supermarkets/food retailers. 



ModelCo Power Lash mascara:

I got to choose this product for this months Birchbox and I couldn't wait to try it. Once applied this mascara adds volume and length with a nice jet black colour. This mascara isn't waterproof so I wouldn't recommend it to people with watery eyes as I think this mascara would easily run.

I personally prefer this mascara for an evening look as it really adds volume to the lashes, and I prefer a more natural look during the day.  A full sized product would cost you £24 so it is a bit on the pricey side, and I don't think I would repurchase it as I prefer the look of other mascaras. 


Korres Citrus body milk:

This body moisturiser has a lovely musky citrus scent which can be nice and uplifting. It has quite a watery texture so it can come out the bottle pretty fast so you have to be careful, but it absorbs quickly into the skin and it leaves my skin feeling lovely and soft.



Benefit It's potent! Eye cream:

I was super excited when I found this in my Birchbox as I loved this eye cream when I use to use it last year. This eye cream is very hydrating and you only need a small amount when using it. I find this really helps reducing dark circles and fine lines, which has been very useful to me recently as getting a full nights sleep seems impossible at the moment! 




Premae Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub:

This scrub contains olive granules to help smooth the skin and was meant to be gentle enough to use on both the body and face. I only used this on my legs though as my face can be really sensitive and I'm currently trying out another face scrub. Now I didn't really like the smell of this scrub and I didn't think it was too exfoliating either, so I don't think I would ever repurchase it.



Agave Healing oil treatment:

This hair oil was meant to help smooth hair, build resiliency and boost shine and colour. I use this before drying my hair, and all you need to do is warm a 5p sized amount between your hands and smooth it through your hair. It has a lovely tropical fruit smell and once my hair is dried it feels so soft and looks lovely! 




So overall I really enjoyed testing the products this month and if you are interested in receiving your own Birchbox each month you can sign up here:


What do you think of this months products?


No comments:

Post a Comment