Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 20 August 2014

Vegan Banana bread.

It's Great British Bake Off day today, currently my favourite day of the week! So today since it is bread week I thought I would share with you all my favourite Banana bread recipe (Though technicially it is more like a cake). This recipe is really simple to make and makes the perfect breakfast especially when paired up with peanut butter.



Ingredients:
  • 225g of plain flour
  • 3 big teaspoons of baking powder
  • 100g Brown sugar
  • Spices such as cinnamon (I used cinnamon, ground ginger and nutmeg) I don't have an exact measurement for these as I just add as much/as little as I like but I would say you need at least need a couple of teaspoons of the spices combined.
  • 3 bananas that are brown/black 
  • 75g of sunflower oil (Vegatable oil is fine too)
You can also choose to add optional ingredients such as:
  • Nuts (Walnuts or peanuts would be nice in this)
  • Dried fruits
  • Chocolate (I used plain chocolate)
  • Coconut

Steps:
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
  • Peel the bananas and mash them well with a fork, then add the oil and sugar a mix thoroughly.
  • Add the flour, baking powder and spices and mix well.
  • Now you can mix in any of your optional ingredients. This mixture will  be quite thick and sticky.





  • Line a loaf tin with grease proof paper and pour in the mixture. (If you don't have any at the time I just line my loaf tin with soya margarine and flour, but I always recommend using baking paper if you can).
  • Cook the bread for 20 minutes and check it. It shouldn't be fully cooked at this point but the top may have started browning so cover it with tinfoil and place back in the oven. It should then take about another 10 - 20 minutes to cook depending on your oven. (I think mine usually takes an extra 15 minutes.)
  • Once the bread has cooked allow to cool and then tuck in!




I told you it was super easy! 
I hope you all enjoy it!



1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing!! I make one aswel which i add dates into :) xx

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete