Rambles from my makeup box.

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Yves Saint Laurent - Golden gloss shimmering lip gloss.

It's national lipstick day today, so it would be wrong of me not to review a lipstick today wouldn't it? Well technically I'm going to review a lip gloss but it's close enough! This is one of my favourite luxury lip-glosses that I own from YSL, and it's called golden gloss in shade 10.


First of all as you would expect from a high end product the packaging is beautiful. It comes in a nice sleek see through plastic case with a gold lid with the brands initials on. I love the fact that it is see through so you can see the exact colour of the gloss and it allows you to know how much you have left, which is always an added bonus in my opinion.

Application of this lip gloss is really easy as it comes with a paint brush type applicator, and it slides on nice and evenly. It also has a slight fruity smell when you are applying. Once applied this lip gloss is slightly sticky to help keep the glitter in place, but not too sticky that it is bothersome though it does mean there is product transfer when eating and drinking.


I think overall there are 20 different shades in the Golden gloss collection but I purchased shade 10 which is a nice nude pink colour that practically matches the colour of my lips.

This lip gloss is super glittery when applied (which unfortunately I couldn't capture in the pictures) and gives a good shine boost to your lips. This is because there are actual extracts of gold (0.2% I think?)  and mother of pearl contained in each lip gloss, so this is real luxury for your lips! 


Unfortunatly the wear time for this lip gloss isn't great and I need to reapply every 2 hours when I'm wearing it, which is a shame considering the price. Though I tend to wear it over a darker pink lipstick like Soap and Glorys Pom Pom which I reviewed yesterday (http://ramblingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/soap-and-glory-matte-lipstick-in-pom-pom.html) so it doesn't matter too much if the gloss disappears as I still have a nice base.

(Golden Gloss over Pom Pom)

 This lip gloss costs £22 and unfortunately I can't find it in stock anywhere online, but you can buy shade 15 which is a nice darker pink from here: 

What do you think of YSL golden gloss?

1 comment:

  1. Looks so pretty, btw I've nominated you for a Liebster Award, find out more here:

    http://vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html#more

    ReplyDelete