Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 23 July 2014

SOIGNÉ Botanique - Persimmon.

Summer is well and truly here in London and the weather has been great for the last few days (In fact it's bordering on slightly too hot!) so I thought I would review one of my favourite summer nail varnish shades which is Persimmon by  SOIGNÉ Botanique. (I will also add the Persimmon is one of my favourite fruits if you ever get the chance to try it.)


I have never really been one for bright nail varnishes and have always played it save with darker shades, but recently I have been trying to be more adventurous and when I received this in I think my Mays Birchbox I couldn't wait to try it out.

This nail varnish applies really nicely to the nail and even with one coat the colour is quite opaque, but I always like to apply 2 to ensure the colour is completely even on my nails and to help my nail varnish last longer. Once applied the drying time is relatively quick and it was pretty much completely dry within 5 minutes.

The colour of this nail varnish is a nice dark orange which I think is a perfect summer shade and is bang on trend at the moment. It usually lasts on my nails for about 4 days until it really starts to chip.


This nail varnish is made from 85% natural origins and is free from Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate and Camphor, which I think helps contribute to the fact that when applying this nail varnish it doesn't have a strong headache/nausea inducing smell.

What really intrigued me about this nail varnish though was it's packaging, it is gorgeous and looks to me like the Chanel No.5 packaging.  The box is sleek and well presented and looks like a very high end product. When you open the box the bottle is stored between 2 foam pieces to keep the bottle safe, so I think this is the perfect nail varnish to take away with you.


This nail varnish costs £11, so it's not the cheapest but it certainly looks high end and the quality is great. The SOIGNÉ Botanique webstore (http://www.soignenails.com/) is coming soon but until then you can buy it here:


What's your favourite summer shade?





No comments:

Post a Comment