Rambles from my makeup box.

Monday 28 July 2014

Soap And Glory - Matte lipstick in Pom Pom.

Hello again everyone, I hope you had a good weekend! Today I'm going to review one of my favourite matte lipsticks by Soap and Glory. Technically the full name of this lipstick is Soap And Glory Super Colour Fabulipstick Powder Coat Matte lipstick, but that's a bit of a mouthful so I decided to shorten it in the title. 


First of all I absolutely love the packaging of this lipstick. It comes in a sleek black metal case with of course the classic pink writing from Soap And Glory on it. The lipstick itself even has S&G embossed into it, and I think that this lipstick looks really high end.


I got the colour Pom Pom from the collection which is a nice musky berry pink. I think it is sort of in the middle between a pink and red lipstick and is great for making a statement lip, but also it isn't too over the top and can be perfect for the day as well.

I like to apply this lipstick with a brush, as it is a strong colour and to be honest I'm a bit messy when it comes to applying lipstick. The finish to this lipstick is a velvety matte, but what I love about it is that it isn't dying on my lips at all.


  • This lipstick was meant to contain a 3–D PLUMP™ PEPTIDE COMPLEX which stimulates collagen production & builds up a three dimensional network to firm, tone and plump the lips’ surface which I didn't notice when I bought it. However I have not noticed any plumping effect/tingling at all, but luckily that doesn't bother me as that's not what I really want.

This lipstick usually lasts me for about 6 hours before I need to reapply so it is long lasting, and I don't get too much product transfer whenever I eat or drink anything.  


This lipstick was a bargain at £9 and comes in 3 different shades. Also at the moment it is 3 for 2 at boots, so you can get an item for free if you pick up any two soap and glory products. You can buy it here:

What do you think of this lipstick?

3 comments:

  1. I love the Soap & Glory logo on the lipstick, I've never really tried much of their makeup range but maybe I will do now. My sister's been working for their PR company, so I'll be doing a Soap & Glory haul soon :)

    http://vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really cool! I'm relatively new to their makeup range, but I'd definitely recommend it as I haven't been disappointed in any of the products I've picked up so far :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete