Rambles from my makeup box.

Friday 25 July 2014

Revlon ColourBurst Matte Balm in Audacious.

Hey everyone, today I am going to review another makeup crayon from Revlon in Audacious (245). I had seen this being advertised a lot and since I'm trying to be braver in my makeup choices I decided to go for Audacious which has an orange/pinky colour, something which I would not usually go for.


Like Cliniques chubby sticks, this lip matte balm comes in crayon form so it is really easy to apply and great for travel. Again there is no need for a sharpener as when you twist the silver end product comes out from the top. 


When applying, this lip balm is really pigmented and gives a strong colour which I really like, but I prefer to apply some to the middle of my lips and blend it out with my fingers to make it more subtle. It has a slight peppermint fragrance and when it dries it has a velvet matte finish.


The only problem I have with this lip balm is that I find it to be very drying on my lips and it can sink into crevices making my lips to really dry and not very nice, so when I apply it I find I need to keep reapplying lipgloss which kind of defeats the object of owning a matte balm.


I find this lip balm lasts me about 4 hours before I need to reapply and it comes in 10 different shades.
You can buy it here:

What do you think of the Revlon matte balm range?


3 comments:

  1. I really like my revlon balm, it's in a similar colour to yours. But I think it could do with a bit more moisture as it dries out quickly. I really like the colour though.

    http://vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a shame that they are quite drying as they have a great colour collection!
      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the comment, I really like your blog so I gave it a follow :)

    ReplyDelete