Rambles from my makeup box.

Tuesday 15 July 2014

July Birchbox review.

Birchbox day has arrived! I love receiving my Birchbox as it feels like I'm getting a present each month, and July's Birchbox was a treat. This month it has a wonderful summer theme which cheered me up in an instant, and it came with lovely bright postcards which I will definitely be using to decorate my wall with.


Keep reading if you want to know more about what I received this month.



  • Benefits The Porefessional.


I already own a full sized product and a few sample sizes so I am very familiar with the primer. It has a lovely silky soft texture that feels wonderful on the skin, and is oil free so it doesn't cause my skin to breakout after using.

You only need to apply a small amount of this primer when using, and it helps keep my makeup on all day.


  • Filosofille 4 sided nail buffer.


I am not the biggest fan of filling my nails as I really hate the way it feels, but sometimes it is necessary and what I like about this is that it has 4 sides which file, buff, polish and shine your nails. After using it I would say that it did make my nails look shinier and healthier, and that maybe I may start trying to file my nails more.

  • Balance Me Wonder Eye cream.


I have heard a lot of good reviews from this product so was excited when I recieved a sample size this month. As you might have read I have just bought a new eye gel from Soap and Glory that I have been using, but I have put that aside for a little while to test this out. I will give a larger review after a few weeks of using it.

  • Whish Three Whishes Lavender body butter.


I love the smell of lavender as it really helps to calm and destress me, so this is the perfect night time moisturiser for me. When using it absorbs quickly and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and me feeling relaxed. I know some people can find the smell of lavender a bit over powering, but this has a sweeter softer scent which I think most people would enjoy.

  • Models Own in Sparkler


This nail varnish has loads of silver holographic strips in it, and when in sunlight it really shines and sparkles making it very eye catching. I will do a fuller review on this after I see how it wears.

  • LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube pencil in Menatour.


I won't lie to you, when I first saw the name of this product it did cause a few immature giggles (In fact it still does), but I like that it has a quirky name. At first I wasn't too sure on the colour and thought it would be too bright on me, but actually I quite like it. 

It has a sheer colour too it making it more wearable during the day, and at night you could probably build it up to get more of a dramatic colour. I found it to be very moisturising on my lips and had a glossy finish.



You can sign up to receive a Birchbox here: http://birchbox.co.uk/?raf=35232
Or you can buy all the products featured on this post here: https://birchbox.co.uk/shop?cat=48


What do you think of this months Birchbox? 


No comments:

Post a Comment