Rambles from my makeup box.

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Gosh nail varnish - Ocean.

The summer holidays are coming up soon so today I thought I would review one of my favourite summer shades of nail varnish - (540) Ocean by Gosh.

I love this nail varnish and it instantly caught my eye when I walked into the shop. The colour is so bright and I always get complimented when I wear this shade.


This nail varnish has a very nice metallic shimmer and as the name suggests the colour resembles an ocean. It has a nice aqua blue colour with slight hints of green in it, and it really looks great in sunlight which I think makes it the perfect nail varnish to wear on holiday somewhere sunny!

It is very easy to apply and if you are in a rush it even looks good if you just apply just one coat. In these pictures I am wearing two coats of Ocean and a top coat to help make it last longer. 

One thing I would say though is be careful with your brush stokes as they can sometimes be quite noticeable with this shade. 


Another thing I love about this nail varnish is that it has a relatively quick drying time. This is very important to me as I am super impatient, and usually as soon as I apply nail varnish I smudge it!

This nail varnish usually lasts me for about 4 days which is good for me, as I struggle to find a nail varnish that will last one day, but I think this is because I tend to take very hot showers/baths and I'm usually tapping away my fingers, so the colour chips off at the top.




What do you think of this shade?



No comments:

Post a Comment