Rambles from my makeup box.

Sunday 13 July 2014

Benefit - They're real push-up liner.

Today I am going to review Benefits new They're real push-up gel eyeliner pen. I have been really excited this product since it launched and I finally managed to get my hands on it, and let me tell you it is definitely worth all the hype that I have been hearing about it.



I am a huge fan of gel eye liners but getting that classic cat eye flick can be a real hassle.. like the saying goes "Never ask a girl with winged eyeliner why she is late". But with this new gel liner pen you won't have that excuse to be late any more, as using this couldn't be easier!

This pen has a soft AccuFlex tip which hugs the lashline and I find it also makes it easier to draw a straight line across they eyelid. The shape of this tip also makes it easier to draw the flick at the end.


The colour of this eyeliner is a strong matte black, which is perfect for making a dramatic eye look if you build it up, or you can tone it down and have a simple day to day eye. 

When you first purchase this eyeliner to use it you have to remove the little orange tip, and then twist the bottom of the pen to push the gel liner up (this can take a while, but just keep going with it.). Then once the gel liner has appeared it is ready to use. After the first use you then only need to twist the bottom once to use.


Now when Benefit said that this product was long wearing and smudge proof they was not lying. Once applied it only takes about a minute to dry and then it is pretty much stuck there until you want to take it off. I did have a bit of eyeliner transfer onto my upper eyelid due to having quite greasy skin, but after fixing it with matte black eye shadow this problem disappeared.

Though the smudge proof and water proof formula is great for making sure your eye makeup looks great all day it does pose a problem when having to take it off at night. Luckily I was given a free sample of their They're real remover, which helps to easily remove the eyeliner. Though I find you do need to use quite a lot of it on a cotton pad to ensure you can get it all off.

I did try to use my usual cleansing clothes to get it off, though I did require a lot of scrubbing which irritated my eyes. Though I found that coconut oil applied to a cotton pad also helped to easily remove the eyeliner without too much scrubbing. 



This eyeliner cost £18.50 and I will definitely be repurchasing it! You can buy it at Debenhams, Boots or online here:  http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/theyre-real-push-up-liner

What is your favourite Benefit product? 






No comments:

Post a Comment